Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns stashing and/or sharing particular content on a web server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are different classes of hosting services used for various goals, so let's take a glance at these. In that way, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you'd like to have a website, email box accounts, or to share files with mates and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by certain file storage providers, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting plans are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share a great amount of pics with friends or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mail addresses. Some corporations offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to manage as many videos as you would like without worrying about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a website. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At (Phoenix-Computers), for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content only.