Pregnancy is such an exciting time! This visit is essential. You will meet your doctor and staff here at Long Beach Women’s and Children’s Medical Clinic. This visit is an opportunity for you to ask questions and find out more about what to expect during the pregnancy.
During this visit we will perform the following:
1- Pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy
2- A full medical history
3- Physical exam
4- Pap smear (if it is due). If you have had a recent pap smear, please bring a copy of your results.
5- Ultrasound, every new patient will have an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. You will get to see your little one for the first time!
6- Discuss inactivated flu vaccine
7- Start prenatal vitamins (if you have not started already)
- Complete Blood Count including Hemoglobin, Hematocrit & Platelets
- Urine sample for urinalysis and a urine culture
- Blood typing with ABO, Rh & Rubella antibody screening
- Pelvic exam labs including Hepatitis B Surface Antigen, Syphilis serology (RPR), Gonorrhea & Chlamydia cultures and HIV testing.
- If necessary, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) and Hemoglobin A1C to assess for pre-gestational diabetes